Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor
A team leader/supervisor is a first line management role, with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role.
Aims of this qualification
Job Roles this qualification is suitable for:
On Programme Learning:
The programme consists of the following:
- Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management
- Regular performance reviews between apprentice and line manager
- Functional skills in Maths at Level 2 (consisting of a test, unless you can provide a valid exemption)
- Functional skills in English at Level 2 (consisting of 2 tests, reading and writing and an assessment in speaking and listening, unless you can provide a valid exemption)
- Feedback from line manager, peers and direct reports (including 180/360-degree feedback or equivalent)
- Development of a portfolio of evidence
- Development of a CPD log
- End-Point Assessment
L2 Diploma in First Line Management
- Learners need to complete a total of 37 credits to achieve this qualification.
- This will consist of 5 Mandatory Units and a choose of various units for example:
- Improving team performance
- Being a leader
- Managing stakeholders’ expectation
- Understanding team dynamics
How is it delivered?
End Point Assessment
The End Point Assessment will test the entire Standard, and be undertaken as follows:
Assessment of knowledge through a test using scenarios, questions and responses
Assessment of competency through competency-based interview
Assessment of portfolio of evidence
Continuing Professional Development Log reviewed and professional discussion/question and answer session
- Complete Team Leader / Supervisor standard
- Complete Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management
- Complete Level 2 Maths and English in Functional Skills
- Completed a Portfolio of evidence
- Recorded an appropriate Personal Development Log
- It is also recommended that the apprentice is supported to become digitally literate where this is important to their role
The purpose of the end point assessment is to test (in a synoptic way) the skills, knowledge and behaviours of the apprentice as set out in the apprenticeship standard
End point assessment provides apprentices with a showcase opportunity to provide oral and documentary evidence of their knowledge, skills and behaviours developed throughout the apprenticeship. Enables the independent assessor to assess the skills and behaviours of the apprentice by observing the apprentice in the course of their normal work. Tests the knowledge acquired by the apprentice throughout the apprenticeship.
How long will it take to complete?
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch, we look forward to hearing from you.