Clinical Healthcare Tutor/Assessor (Qualified /Trainee post)
Pier Training work with the health sector throughout the country to develop specific training programmes and support nationally recognised qualifications including but not limited to the new healthcare standards and offer a range of other sector specific apprenticeship qualifications.
A Clinical Healthcare Trainee Tutor is required to join our existing delivery team, supporting and delivering qualifications to one of our national Levy clients.
You will be trained as a Tutor / Assessor. Full training will be provided and paid for by Pier Training for the successful applicant to gain the Training, Assessment and Quality Assurance TAQA) qualification.
You must have a genuine desire to move into a training role along with occupational experience and knowledge within a hospital clinical environment.
The successful applicant will be required to cover a caseload of learners (Healthcare Assistant) undertaking Healthcare qualifications within hospitals in the surrounding areas.
You must have a minimum Level 3 in Clinical Healthcare qualification or NVQ in Health and Social Care (gained within a clinical environment) and English and maths at GCSE A-C / 4-9 / or Functional skills at level 2.
You will be home-based therefore you must have good internet connection as you will be required to use Zoom web conferencing software and Microsoft SharePoint and Outlook 365
ESSENTIAL ATRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
- Competency and experience of working in a hospital / clinical environment with experience working in a ward or theatre.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Very organised and conscientious
- Full UK driving licence.
- IT competent with working knowledge and experience of using Word, Excel, Skype etc.
- Willingness to travel and the ownership of a car is essential.
CLINICAL HEALTHCARE ASSESSOR/TUTOR ESSENTIAL AND DESIRABLE COMPETENCES FOLLOWING TRAINING:
You will learn:
- the essential skills and knowledge to deliver healthcare qualifications including; Clinical Healthcare, Perioperative and Care Certificate
- how to support and teach learners the knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully complete a clinical healthcare qualification and apprenticeship
- how to support a learner through to End Point Assessment (EPA) to achieve an apprenticeship
- how to support and teach learners to gain the essential knowledge to pass English and maths level 2 functional skills
- how to deliver face to face teaching sessions
- how to deliver e-learning and teaching sessions using Zoom.
- TAQA Qualification and training to become a qualified tutor
- Travel expenses 35ppm
- Home based
- 20 days holiday (increases after 2 / 5 years)
- Flexible working
- An opportunity to work with learners in a leading private hospital organisation and the NHS
- CPD opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please include the following in your application/CV:
- How many years of clinical hospital experience do you have?
- How many years of perioperative / theatre / ward experience do you have?
To find out more or for an informal discussion please contact Debbie Whiston (Quality Assurance Manager) 07469 855167 email@example.com or Marie Woodward (Operations Manager) 07880 198003 firstname.lastname@example.org
Pier Training receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, your application has been unsuccessful.
Pier Training – Home Based
Job Type: Full Time
Negotiable dependent upon qualifications and experience
Visit our dedicated Jobs page on Indeed Jobs where you'll find more vacancies from Pier Training...